Today Gia and Karen share all their favorite stories from the 2016 Olympics! They’ve selected 6 take-away lessons learned from the athletes of these games and you can be inspired by them too:
- Get back up again after you fall. Stories of 2 runners who fell during their events and got up to complete their races.
- Do your best – you are enough. This is the story of the lone athlete on the team from the tiny country of Tuvalu who came in tied for last place in his event.
- Don’t feel sorry for yourself. You’ll hear about a member of the Syrian refugee team and how she helped save the lives of 20 people as they were escaping the war in Syria.
- See the higher purpose. These stories show how barriers like apartheid, racism, ageism, sexism, misogyny, and religious oppression are being overcome in this Olympic competition.
- Be humble and celebrate your competitors. Some Olympians have been gracious in defeat and praised their competition.
- Believe in yourself no matter what. Inspirational beach volleyball player Kerry Walsh-Jennings rounds out the stories of our Olympic heroes.
So we hope you will learn from all these courageous athletes and be your own hero!
Tune in next week for another episode! We love you!
Gia and Karen