Today Gia and Karen start with Something Positive: a video of a winning boys soccer team comforting the players of the team they just defeated. This was a beautiful example of being humble and compassionate even in the midst of celebrating a victory.
The discussion today centers around the dilemma between quitting something and being persistent to the bitter end. How do you know when it’s for the best to say goodbye and move on from something? Some of the topics that come up in this conversation are:
- If leaving is right for you it will ultimately be right for everyone else involved
- There is no definite timeline for leaving–it can time to be fully ready to move on
- It should feel easy and light to make the decision when the time is right
- Sometimes we have to make a leap of faith and leave the old situation before the next step is visible
- Fear is not the right reason for leaving or for staying – so if fear is involved in the choice then more work needs to be done to process the decision and look for higher guidance
- From Spirit’s perspective there isn’t really a right or wrong choice – there is only the “why” of the choice and the energy behind it
- Our choices should always be motivated by self-love
- Sometimes limiting beliefs have to be overcome in order for us to keep moving forward in our lives
- Remember that this is no mistake – you will be offered the lessons you need no matter what choices you make
- We have to be willing to let go of what is not serving without the assurance of what is coming next
- You are the co-creator of your own life so be courageous to leave behind the old and participate in creating your next step
- Instead of “quitter” see yourself as a “change pioneer”!
- There will always be things that we need to leave behind and quit so let’s get comfortable with it!
Links for this episode:
As always, we are sending you lots of love for your journey!
Gia and Karen