Today Gia and Karen talk about control: why we want it, why we don’t have it, and how to live in a world we can’t control. They’ll share their own stories of learning how to let go of controlling behaviors and see the “big picture”: we can’t control the external events of life but we can control our perspective on life. The conversation includes these thoughts:
- How our society fosters the illusion of having control over life
- Why goal-setting may not be the best practice
- How to maximize creativity by letting go of control (and have a lot more fun in life!)
- Beware of the ego’s tendency to attach to future outcomes
- What “surrender” really means
- How resistance causes problems
- Why you should avoid drama
- What gets misinterpreted about the Law of Attraction
- Using disappointment to foster growth
- Becoming a tool and vessel for the Divine
Links for this episode:
Gia’s meditation video: Allow Change, Let Go of Control
Leave comments for us and share how you cope when things feel out of control. We are sending you all our love and support for your unique journey!!
See you next week – and remember, It’s Just Life!
Gia and Karen